From: purslow@×××××××××.ca
To: Gentoo Devt <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] vim syntaxy goodness for ebuilds, eclasses, GLEPs
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 01:22:25
1 040826 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 18:19:02 -0400 purslow@×××××××××.ca wrote:
3 >> 'licence' is not a mistake: it is the way non-Americans spell 'license'.
4 >> in fact, the English distinguish 'licence' (noun) from 'license' (verb).
5 >> Canadians follow English usage when they think about it
6 >> & American when they don't ... (smile)
7 > Well that's the point. I speak Real English (TM),
8 > so I keep on screwing up the LICENSE variable by spelling it correctly.
9 > In the context of an ebuild, using the non-USian spelling *is* a mistake.
10
11 yes, so isn't the solution to have ebuilds recognise both spellings ?
12 Gentoo is an international project, not like M$ etc .
13 gentle suggestion to developers ? bug report ?
17 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
18 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
19 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list