From: Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] LibGL.la removal news item for =eselect-opengl-1.1.1-r2 going stable
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:28:46
1 On 01/17/10 18:20, "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." wrote:
2 >> Please: When you run tools which break checksums/dates of the database,
3 >> give the user the possibility to decide whether he really wants this.
4 >
5 > Good point, I didn't realize that. However, I'd rather fix the tool (for
6 > example to update the portage database).
7
8 Nope, that's a bad idea unless you plan to implement such feature for portage,
9 paludis and pkgcore (and possibly other package managers).
10
11 So use revdep-rebuild (longer but correct solution) or lafilefixer (quicker but
12 introduces other problems).
15 Krzysiek Pawlik <nelchael at gentoo.org> key id: 0xBC555551
16 desktop-misc, java, apache, ppc, vim, kernel, python...