From: Peter Volkov <pva@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Maintainer notes in metadata.xml?
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 07:50:54
1 В Птн, 03/12/2010 в 13:12 +0100, Diego Elio Pettenò пишет:
2 > Il giorno ven, 03/12/2010 alle 14.50 +0300, Peter Volkov ha scritto:
3 > > Same logic applies for metadata.xml. Personally doing AT work I always
4 > > review ebuild. At the same time I never opened metadata.xml, so I
5 > > don't see your point.
6 >
7 > Have you read my post? I said to make _repoman_ spew the content during
8 > scan/full calls.
9
10 Sorry I wasn't clear enough. I think repoman full/scan is a tool for
11 maintainer. Doing AT work I run them just before commit - too late for
12 test instructions. It's possible to change workflow but since I never
13 experienced repoman warnings that may stop stabilization I don't see any
14 reasons to wait while repoman scan/full finishes (too long!) just to see
15 test instructions.
16
17 That said I think that it's good idea to have some better place for
18 maintainer notes and may be metadata.xml is the right place. If you are
19 going to add tags, please, make sure they'll behave like <pre> to keep
20 formatting. Also besides test instructions we need some place (another
21 tag) to keep notes _for_ maintainer. And finally I think we need two new
22 repoman commands to see instructions, to avoid long delay before repoman
23 shows anything.
26 Peter.