From: Lisa Seelye <lisa@g.o>
To: Ron OHara <rono@×××××××××××.au>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Maintaining production systems - and losing ebuilds
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 03:28:56
1 On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 22:00, Ron OHara wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I want to raise an issue resulting from my experience so far in using
5 > Gentoo as the basis of production systems. Some may ask why? - but
6 > basically 'portage' seems to offer the very best framework for ongoing
7 > maintenance/admin of systems, though it's not perfect in that role.
8
9 There are a couple things you may want to look into.
10
11 First, have you considered setting up your own rsync repository?
12 Second, how about using PORTAGE_OVERLAY to save ebuilds.
16 Regards,
17 -Lisa
18 <Vix ulla tam iniqua pax, quin bello vel aequissimo sit potior>