From: Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] An official Gentoo wiki
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 23:59:46
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > So, gentoo-wiki.com went down for a awhile and took something away from
3 > our users something that is useful. Its back now, but I think we should
4 > consider having our own official wiki that our users can contribute to.
5 > We already have something very similar to this on the forums, and this
6 > would just give the correct tool to put their documentation on.
7 >
8 > I already know some people are going to hate this idea and say that the
9 > documentation could be wrong, etc, so lets look at how others have
10 > handled this situation. It seems that Ubuntu has their own official
11 > documentation section and a community section where users can contribute
12 > to. We can put a nice big warning saying that the user documentation
13 > may have some errors, and that any such errors should not be directed at
14 > the maintainers of the package or the GDP.
15 >
16 > What are others feelings on this? What issues do you see with having a
17 > wiki? Do you see anyway to resolve the issue you see with us having a
18 > wiki?
21 I've asked my fellow GDP members to weigh in on this issue on our ML;
22 the discussion is already in-progress here:
23
24 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-doc/msg_dd4f573fc6384108fdf14dfa27030906.xml
25
26 Or, if you like it gmane-style: