From: Brian Harring <ferringb@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Council meeting 19 April 2010
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 12:03:01
1 On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 11:05:34AM +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2 > Next monthly council meeting will be at 19 April 2010, 18:00 UTC
3 > in #gentoo-council.
4 >
5 > If you have any topics you want us to discuss or even vote about,
6 > simply followup to this message.
7
8 VALID_USE-
9 http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_b0e868626019f497eba47194c34e5421.xml
10
11 Historically, no PMS change has been glep'ified, but if the council
12 wants PMS changes to start being glep'd I'd be willing to guinea pig
13 this one- earliest I'd have the glep out the door is saturday also.
14
15 Few additional notes to the proposal-
16 1) few has offered up his time patch wise.
17 2) if he backs out, I'll throw in a gurantee of having it done prior
18 to the next council meeting (realistically I can do it faster, I just
19 have other fish I'd like to be frying).
20 3) dev feedback generally has been positive, exempting ciaran's views
21 on it- please review those (if you'd like a summation I can provide
22 one).
23 4) if there are questions re: use cycle breaking or other bits, feel
24 free to ask prior please- council meeting times unfortunately right
25 now intersect badly with my paying work so it's hard to be online to
26 answer questions during the meeting (that said per the norm I'll try).
27 5) final reminder- part of the impetus of this is that if this is
28 punted till EAPI5, it forces pkg_pretend as the interim use constraint
29 checking- this has some nasty implications on the use cycle breaking
30 intentions since it would require everyone to upgrade their ebuilds to
31 EAPI5 if they've got use state constraints. Basically screws things
32 up a bit and requires a potentially pointless EAPI bump for the sake
33 of trying to knock EAPI4 out the door now (regardless of how long it
34 takes to stable portage for it) rather than adding a few weeks in.
35
36 Thanks-
37 ~harring