From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Some council topics for March meeting
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 10:09:56
1 On Sat, 03 Mar 2007 01:54:30 -0800 Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 > > (Pkgcore is in parts based upon Portage code -- whether or not this
5 > > is a good thing is irrelevant to this discussion)
6 >
7 > Nice way of adding in that little "cover my ass so's I can snipe at a
8 > competing project" parenthetical statement.
9
10 Er, wasn't a snipe at all.
11
12 > That statement is in itself irrelevant to the discussion; we're not
13 > talking about pkgcore, nor about its *code base* -- and you know very
14 > well that only trivial bits are still Portage code.
15
16 We're discussing credentials. Being the only person to have rewritten
17 an ebuild implementation from scratch is one of mine, and it's entirely
18 relevant.
19
20 > To this point, the most report that anyone seems to have is more of
21 > the ol' smoke and mirrors: "the right people have access to it, and
22 > we can give you read-only access if you're OUR sort of people."
23
24 I find it amusing that no-one complaining about this has actually asked
25 to see it.
28 Ciaran McCreesh
29 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
30 Web : http://ciaranm.org/