From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Using subversion eclass for snapshots
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:46:17
1 On Monday 10 April 2006 08:09, Caleb Tennis wrote:
2 > I've been working on an ebuild that, ideally, would use the subversion
3 > eclass to checkout a snapshot of the ebuild (this is for local program).
4 > I plan to just put the repository version in the ebuild PV - ie:
5 > myprogram-224.ebuild.
6
7 doesnt this put unnecessary load on the project's servers ? a better idea
8 imho would be to tar up that snapshot and put it on the mirrors
9
10 > The problem is that portage always want to re-emerge this package during
11 > an update (presumably because it think that svn ebuilds are live ebuilds).
12 > I want to "trick" it into not doing this. I don't see anything obvious
13 > in the subversion eclass that would allow for this.
14
15 this sounds like a portage bug to me ...
16 -mike
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list