From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoo Bugday
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 03:15:03
1 On 27/02/2013 11:39, Pavlos Ratis wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 >
4 > I would like to announce you a new try to 'revive' the Bugday event.
5 > As most of the open source projects have their own bugday, I thought
6 > it would be great to have this event back. For those who don't know,
7 > its a monthly 24h event that takes place in #gentoo-bugs. Its goal is
8 > to close as many bugs as possible . You don't have to be a Gentoo
9 > expert to participate. Those days are a great way to start joining the
10 > Gentoo community, improving Bugzilla's and Wiki's quality and looking
11 > for a mentor to begin the recruitment process. The upcoming bugday
12 > event is this Saturday and I hope this event will continue in the next
13 > months. I have created a wiki page for the event[1] and I added some
14 > guidelines. I have also created a related blog post about the
15 > event[2].
16 >
17 > I have listed some maintainer-wanted and maintainer-need bugs and
18 > Bugzilla admins also re-enabled the bugday flag. I would like to ask
19 > the Gentoo project teams to start using this flag to their bugs that
20 > think that are good to start and enable the flag at them. It would be
21 > great to a have a really big list with 'good to start' bugs.
22 >
23 > It's the first time after a long time that this event will take place,
24 > so I am looking forward to your participation both users and
25 > developers and your feedback.
26 >
27 > [1] http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday
28 > [2] http://blog.dastergon.gr/gentoo-bugday/
29 >
30 > Thanks,
31 > Pavlos
35 Hi,
36
37 Thanks for your work, it will be great to see Bugday happening again.
38
39 What about the old bugday webpage[1]? It seems a bit broken at the
40 moment, but may be useful to get running again.
41 Is the code available somewhere? Who has access to the login in the footer?
42
43 Best regards,
44 Michael
45