From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Requiring two sets of eyes for all eclass commits
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:14:07
1 On 04/24/2010 09:14 PM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
2 > On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 20:40:54 +0300
3 > Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> 17:34 < Betelgeuse> robbat2|na: how easy to it to prevent commits to
6 >> CVS if the commit message doesn't match a certain pattern?
7 >> 17:36 <@robbat2|na> go and checkout the CVSROOT and there should be an
8 >> example there
9 >> 17:37 < Betelgeuse> robbat2|na: Ok so doable then. Thanks.
10 >>
11 >> What do you think about not allowing commits to eclasses without
12 >> mentioning an another developer who has reviewed and approved the diff
13 >> in the commit message? There's enough people on gentoo-dev for urgent
14 >> stuff too.
15 >
16 > no thanks; we already have the policy to require that major changes to
17 > broad impact eclasses have gone through -dev, no need to add more
18 > bureaucracy.
21 But the policy is not tested by the quizzes and we have had cases lately
22 where large diffs have been committed without gentoo-dev review. With
23 peer review it's likely that the reviewer is familiar with what should
24 be sent to gentoo-dev as hesitant/new people won't give their approval
25 that easily.
26
27 Regards,
28 Petteri