From: Blake Matheny <jake@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New Portage Category: dev-scheme
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 21:41:36
1 Hello All,
2 I'm wanting to create a new category in portage, dev-scheme. There are several
3 scheme related ebuilds currently residing in various places (dev-util,
4 dev-lisp, etc) and consolidating them all into the same place would I think be
5 more sane for developers and users. In the past month there have been 3 new
6 developers brought in that have expressed interest in maintaining scheme
7 ebuilds, I think the new category would help with the maintenance.
8
9 The builds that I feel should be moved to dev-scheme are: dev-lisp/plt,
10 dev-lisp/kawa, dev-lisp/mzscheme, dev-lisp/bigloo, dev-lisp/gauche,
11 dev-lisp/drscheme, dev-lisp/chicken, dev-lisp/mit-scheme and dev-util/guile.
12 There may be others that I have missed, (Matt, anything?). Guile has the most
13 dependencies, with around 34 of them. There may be some debate as to whether
14 or not guile should be moved, but as guile is a Scheme interpreter I think
15 it's appropriate.
16
17 If people have objections, please let me know. The clock is ticking :-)
18
19 -Blake
22 Blake Matheny
23 jake@g.o Computer Science is merely the post-Turing