From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: overlays@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Overlays project needs you!
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 06:36:35
1 Hello, everyone.
2
3 It seems that I'm the only person doing Overlays project work these days. This is getting ridiculous to the point of users mailing me when I'm away and requests are not handled, and dangerous to the point of me missing an email meaning the request won't be handled.
4
5 For this reason, I would like to ask others to join the Overlays effort. The work involves pretty much:
6
7 1. updating repositories.xml,
8
9 2. adding and removing repositories from gitolite,
10
11 3. updating user SSH keys,
12
13 4. handling bugs for problems with repos -- reassigning, possibly removing from repos.xml for major problems,
14
15 5. in the future, possibly using my script to semi-automatically file bugs for QA issues detected with repo-mirror-ci (it boils down to reading the prepared bug text, clicking the link to validate it and confirming it).
16
17 You don't have to have any prior knowledge, I will train you if necessary. I will also figure out who to ask for confirmation since you will be given partial gitolite admin access.
18
19 At the same time, I would like to ask the existing Overlays team members to remove themselves from the team if they are not willing to do any work. There is really no point in pretending there's more of us here.
20
21 Thanks in advance.
22 --
23 Best regards,