From: "Rafael Fernández López" <info@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] New ebuilds
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 16:12:33
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm not a developer considered in Gentoo project, but I have a little time
4 that I can give Gentoo everyday. I submitted yesterday tkgate ebuild (new
5 package in portage), and I am going to start wxmaxima ebuild.
6
7 I know that developers are actually busy, and they have lots of things to
8 do. Those apps are really interesting in sci-mathematics and
9 sci-electronics respectively, and maybe they'll be taken by a developer
10 tomorrow, or maybe they are taken 3 months from now...
11
12 What I suggest is to take care of this two packages myself, as a developer
13 (passing all the tests and questions that I have to pass for becoming a
14 developer), and I'd like to know if somebody can mentor me.
15
16 What I did before creating this ebuild was to search some bugs and post
17 them or search them in the source code. I don't usually post bugs before
18 reading source code, and when I post it, I suggest where in the source
19 code the bug can live... Is the way I normally work.
20
21 And by the way... I'm a GPL fighter... fighting for our rights.
22
23 Another thing... I normally have little time for searching bugs, creating
24 ebuilds and so on... but I'm a student (at University) and I may have
25 enough time for fixing bugs that always appear on packages... so this is
26 my proposal.
27
28 Thanks,
29 Rafael Fernández López.