From: Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New virtual: virtual/pcmcia
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:34:51
1 On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 07:35 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > On that note.. Would you mind compiling it one time with a gcc built
3 > with +boundschecking and then enabling CFLAGS+= -fbounds-checking as a
4 > basic q/a check. Reason being that if nobody has ever included it
5 > anywhere the chances of it being audited are slim to none and
6 > -fbounds-checking helps ferret out alot of common coding mistakes.
7 > gcc-3.4.4 works good for this.
8
9 I've tested this with CFLAGS+=-fbounds-checking as suggested, and I see
10 a couple of "cc1: warning: htb stub: bounds checking is not supported"
11 warnings. Please advice.
12
13 ./Brix
14 --
15 Henrik Brix Andersen <brix@g.o>
16 Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd