From: Alexander Futasz <acid.punk@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] fafhrd and other things you can't pronounce
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 15:33:15
1 On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 15:13:21 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > | I don't understand why you guys check emails that have a "List-Id:
3 > | Gentoo Linux mail <gentoo-dev.gentoo.org>" field in the header
4 > | wether they are spam or not. You need to subscribe to this list to
5 > | post, hence no spam from the list. Waste of system resources if you
6 > | still check. Same for the other gentoo ml's.
7 >
8 > From: address spoofing. gentoo-dev gets the occasional spam sent to
9 > it.
10
11 My procmail settings don't care for the From: field. I check for
12 List-Id: and so far there hasn't been one spammail that has this field.
13 Filter for List-Id: and be done with it, no spam check needed.
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list