From: Theo Chatzimichos <tampakrap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Permission to add a dummy package in tree
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 18:08:10
1 Hello,
2
3 these days I am working on a puppet module for portage. For testing I
4 have created a dummy package which can be found here [1]. The package
5 installs files based on useflags, and it comes in stable, testing and
6 hardmasked versions, plus it has some useflag changes between
7 versions. With this package I can make sure that the puppet provider
8 does its various operations fine. I'm about to start writing unit
9 tests for that provider, and I would like to use that package for the
10 testing. It would be preferred to move that package in tree though.
11 Since the ebuilds are useless for everybody else, and maybe violate
12 policy about the stable tree, I'd like to know if there are any
13 objections to move it to tree. If there are none, I'll move it in one
14 month
15
16 [1] https://github.com/gentoo-el/overlay/tree/master/app-misc/dummy
17