From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: security@g.o, "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Decoupling stabilization from security bugs
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 23:59:22
1 > On 12 Aug 2021, at 16:17, Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On giovedì 12 agosto 2021 14:53:33 CEST Michał Górny wrote:
4 >> To resolve these problems going forward and establish consistent
5 >> behavior in the future, I'd like to propose to disable 'package list'
6 >> fields on security bugs and instead expect regular stabilization bugs to
7 >> be used (and made block the security bugs) for stabilizations. While I
8 >> understand that filing additional bugs might be cumbersome for some
9 >> people, I don't think it's such a herculean effort to outweigh
10 >> the problems solved.
11 >
12 > I think it is a good idea but the stabilization bug that blocks the security
13 > bug should at least have something (bugzilla KEYWORD?) to facilitate the
14 > search of the security stabilization.
15 > Atm we look for bugs with assignee = security@ and cc = arch@
18 This is my primary concern and as long as we use e.g. the SECURITY
19 keyword, I'm happy. From #gentoo-dev:
20
21 [22:34:36] <@sam_> ago: I was wondering if I could just detect by blockers but I think SECURITY blocker is simpler and requires less code/handling overall, so WFM
22 [22:35:25] <@ago> yeah
23
24 I'm a _little_ bit unsure about the extra work of filing new bugs, but I suspect
25 It's going to be worth it because of less special casing for everybody involved
26 (and not having to explain why security bugs are different to newbies, proxied-maints,
27 ...).
28
29 best,
30 sam