From: Marcin Kryczek <mkay@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] net-p2p needs more developers
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 21:23:53
1 hi,
2 currently i'm the only active developer in net-p2p herd, which is really
3 uncomfortable for me (not mentioning about situation if i'll be away for
4 few weeks). i need at least 2 developers (preferably with java knowledge,
5 becouse i do not know java at all, but it's not obligate) for help with
6 testing and maintaining stuff. we already have 76 application in net-p2p
7 and only few of them are maintained by individual developers. we also have
8 many requests for new packages, but i won't add anything into tree as far
9 as i'm alone here.
10 there's not much work in p2p right now - i've already fixed most bugs
11 and these, which are opened are mainly requests for new packages and
12 versions bumps, but as i've written - maintaining so many packages is
13 just to much for one person...
14
15 PS: i won't recruit new developers (well i even can't yet propably;>).
16 this mail is adressed to existing devs, who may have some free time and
17 are willing to help
18
19 regards,
20 mkay
23 . . Marcin Kryczek . . . . . . . . . . . .RLU: #316599 . .
24 . . Gentoo Linux Developer. . . . . . .mail: mkay@g.o . .
25 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .PGP: 0xD6CFCCF1 . .
26 . Key Fingerprint: EE8F E832 54E4 2456 C582 5B32 E10F EEDC D6CF CCF1 .