From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] L10N USE_EXPAND initial values
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:06:52
1 >>>>> On Wed, 22 Jun 2016, Daniel Campbell wrote:
2
3 > Sounds decent to me. Will any eclasses be affected?
4
5 Certainly l10n.eclass will need some tweaking.
6
7 > What sort of changes will need to be made in ebuilds? I ask so I
8 > have a list of packages I can draw up that need this changed so I
9 > can get things done when everything's in place with the guide.
10
11 For the simple two- and three-letter language codes it will be only
12 renaming from linguas_* to l10n_*. Composite codes like pt_BR have the
13 underscore replaced by a hyphen (i.e., pt-BR now). There are very few
14 cases containing a script or variant subtag:
15
16 ca-valencia - Catalan (Valencian)
17 kmr-Latn - Northern Kurdish (Latin script)
18 sr-Latn - Serbian (Latin script)
19
20 Presumably these will require some special conditions (in most ebuilds
21 they are already special now with their old LINGUAS syntax).
22
23 I'll file a tracker bug later. Currently there are 170 packages having
24 linguas_* use conditionals in SRC_URI or *DEPEND. As soon as these are
25 converted to use l10n_* instead, we can do the rest in one atomic
26 commit, along with the removal of LINGUAS from USE_EXPAND.
27
28 Ulrich