From: Dan Armak <danarmak@g.o>
To: Ryan Phillips <rphillips@g.o>, Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>, gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo: State of the Union
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 12:06:25
1 On Friday 28 April 2006 23:42, Ryan Phillips wrote:
2 > svn
3 > + Atomic Commits
4 > + Merging/tagging/brancing is a simple "copy" operation
5 > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/ch04.html
6 > + lots of benefits
7 > http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.intro.features.html
8 > there is more I'm sure people can come up with
9 > - 2x Drive space
10
11 - No changeset/merge tracking
12
13 If we have a lot of active branches and a lot of merging between them,
14 changeset tracking could be a major plus. I've never used git but I've heard
15 that it, and other distributed development-style SCMs, have changeset/merge
16 tracking features that are really helpful. Could someone who's used them
17 comment on this?
20 Dan Armak
21 Gentoo Linux developer (KDE)
22 Public GPG key: http://dev.gentoo.org/~danarmak/danarmak-gpg-public.key
23 Fingerprint: DD70 DBF9 E3D4 6CB9 2FDD 0069 508D 9143 8D5F 8951