From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Assigning bugs to treecleaners
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:51:06
1 I'd prefer if you are going to remove a package and you want
2 treecleaners to do it; either talk to a treecleaners project member on
3 irc or via the alias first, or just assign it to maintainer-needed and
4 CC treecleaners.
5
6 I don't want a million bugs assigned to treecleaners. The point of the
7 project is to make the tree better by either fixing packages or removing
8 them which means I do need to sit down for about 20 minutes with each
9 package and evaluate whether it's worth it to fix or not (even if you
10 are it's present maintainer and you want it gone). Right now the team
11 is just me, and IMHO I'd rather have a managable set of packages ready
12 to get punted then to have people giving last rites but never removing
13 it, aka making it a pain to manage due to volume.
14
15 Also see a few guidelines[1] that I threw up on the project page.
16
17 Also, we are looking for more people to join the project ;)
18
19 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/qa/treecleaners/
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list