From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Assigning bugs to treecleaners
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 14:51:06
I'd prefer if you are going to remove a package and you want
treecleaners to do it; either talk to a treecleaners project member on
irc or via the alias first, or just assign it to maintainer-needed and
CC treecleaners.

I don't want a million bugs assigned to treecleaners.  The point of the
project is to make the tree better by either fixing packages or removing
them which means I do need to sit down for about 20 minutes with each
package and evaluate whether it's worth it to fix or not (even if you
are it's present maintainer and you want it gone).  Right now the team
is just me, and IMHO I'd rather have a managable set of packages ready
to get punted then to have people giving last rites but never removing
it, aka making it a pain to manage due to volume.

Also see a few guidelines[1] that I threw up on the project page.

Also, we are looking for more people to join the project ;)