From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] emerge -s and descriptions
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 14:33:37
1 On Wednesday 07 August 2002 21:22, Gregg wrote:
2 > I would like to search through the portage tree, but instead of looking at
3 > package names I would like to search for a word in the description. This
4 > came about when I decided to see if portage had any ticket/request systems
5 > already in there. I figured I would search the descriptions for the word
6 > "ticket" and see what came up. This a planned feature? Something else
7 > already do this? Or maybe this should be an addition to gentoolkit,
8 > possibly part of qpkg?
11 emerge -S "whatever" as it says in the help /man
12
13 Paul
16 Paul de Vrieze
17 Junior Researcher