From: Nils Ohlmeier <lists@××××××××.de>
To: Steve Barr <barr.134@×××.edu>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] installation problem
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2002 13:39:38
1 > i am trying to install gentoo on my computer, i used
2 > build-ix86-1.0_rc6-r15.iso and everything goes well in the install, i have
3 > networking and everything until i execute these commands
4 >
5 > # source /etc/profile
8 > at this point, my networking does not work, this basically stops the
9 > install process as the next step is
10 >
11 > #emerge rsync
12 >
13 > am i missing something? or is this just bad luck
14
15 What in detail is not working?
16 The problem with such network problems is, that you dont't have any network
17 commands after you changed the root (chroot). So you have to check what is
18 not working with your network setup before you chroot.
19
20 BTW i think this is more a user question.
21
22 Greetings
23 Nils