From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] base.eclass
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2012 07:03:25
1 On Sun, 8 Jul 2012 23:40:29 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > A lot of (inheriting eclasses and) packages depend on features
4 > provided by base.eclass (e.g., PATCHES), which are pretty neat and
5 > which I would sorely miss. So I would certainly object to deprecating
6 > base.eclass, unless its relevant functionality is only moving to a
7 > better place.
8
9 Then you should ask for EAPI support for PATCHES, or write the code
10 manually, or put the code in a small eclass that just does that.
11
12 But note that the Council has voted against having either arguments or
13 global scope variables to enhance default phase functions.
16 Ciaran McCreesh