From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, council@g.o, qa@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: backward-incompatible changes in eclasses
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020 06:11:35
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 10:29:23AM +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> William, > > So many things are wrong with this e-mail, I'm not even sure where to > start. In my opinion, this mail shouldn't have ever happened. While > I believe you had a good intent, this does not justify sending such > mails without verifying your claims first.
I apologize for being vague in my initial email about what my claims were. It would have been better to link the changes up front instead of later in the thread and give more information about what was broken, and I will do this next time around. Also, I do agree that cc'ing QA and the council was overkill for an rfc message. I hope we can move on from this thread. Let me know what you think. From my pov, the incident that prompted this highlights some concerns about our eclass patch handling process, so expect a separate thread from me soon about this process. Thanks, William