From: George Shapovalov <george@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Dreaded herd tag
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 06:32:25
1 субота, 28. жовтень 2006 08:01, Doug Goldstein Ви написали:
2 > Wanna add "no-herd" to that list then? Cause right now there's no way to
3 > identify no herd.
4 And there should not be. This entry is *invalid* and *disallowed*. Every
5 ebuild must belong to a valid herd. Period.
6
7 I am afraid, that policy may only be inferred by reading the metadata page of
8 dev handbook:
9 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/handbook/handbook.xml?part=2&chap=4
10 Sadly, this is one of the few things that did not get fomalized properly since
11 the "oral tradition" times. Should we formalize it now?
12
13 If we do it any other way, we cannot rely on the metadata for the purposes of
14 tracking unmaintained ebuilds. Yes, some ebuilds are not herded right now.
15 Wanna guess how many of those happen to be stale? Then, <20% unherded
16 packages? - I consider this a very good result! Remember, there is
17 no "absolute correctness", so I would say right now the idea works for all
18 practical purposes.
19
20 George
23 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list