From: Jeff Smelser <tradergt@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] mysql-bin ebuild
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:03:26
1 On Tuesday 22 February 2005 06:55 am, Francesco Riosa wrote:
2
3 > After some testing on MySQL ebuild for version 4.1.x and 5.0.x appear to
4 > me that is very difficult have a stable version of those databases with
5 > current glibc, gcc and maybe os-headers stable defaults (at least on x86
6 > and amd64).
7
8 Really?? I dont see this.. Please tell me and I will talk to the mysql Dev's
9 to figure this out.. They have relayed nothing of this.. Unless your talking
10 gcc-3.4 or something.
11
12 > Adding a dev-db/mysql-bin package seems the only short-term viable
13 > solution to have those versions of mysql in portage tree. Leaving out
14 > all the problems that dependant packages have after mysql 4.1.3 release.
15
16 Why are we the only people having problems with this release? Help me
17 understand this so we can get this figured out.
18
19 Jeff