From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP-0062: updated version for review
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 18:46:46
1 On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:13:14 +0100
2 Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:42:19 +0200
5 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
6 > > Following the late discussion, I have updated GLEP-62. It no longer is
7 > > designed to be 'backwards compatible' and instead it was suited for
8 > > addition in a new EAPI.
9 >
10 > You've still not addressed the UI side of it in any way.
11
12 Haven't I? Maybe you should read it more carefully.
13
14 > You've also still not provided any kind of reference implementation,
15 > and your "reference implementation" section is still written with a
16 > complete lack of awareness of how dependency resolution is actually
17 > done.
18
19 I'm sorry I haven't got time yet to write a package manager. I promise
20 I will do it as soon as I have time to do so. Thank you for your
21 patience.
24 Best regards,
25 Michał Górny