From: Brian Evans <grknight@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Common options missed in OpenRC declarative scripts and how to improve them
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 16:17:45
1 On 12/2/2021 7:34 AM, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
2 > On 2021-12-01 21:02:20, Brian Evans wrote:
3 >> After a cursory scan of the Gentoo repository, I've noticed an
4 >> overabundance of start_stop_daemon_args being declared in scripts committed.
5 >>
6 >> I would like to draw attention and see if we can clean these up together.
7 >
8 > A lot of this is covered in the service script guide:
9 >
10 > https://github.com/OpenRC/openrc/blob/master/service-script-guide.md
11 >
12 > There's a 2.5-year old bug to mention it in the devmanual:
13 >
14 > https://bugs.gentoo.org/684354
15 >
16 For sure, there are several points that document covers that are
17 reiterated here.
18
19 However some variable options are not covered there. They do exist in
20 the openrc-run manual.
21
22 My main point is how to best use these options and that some scripts are
23 not taking full advantage.
24
25 Brian

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature