From: Samuel Bernardo <samuelbernardo.mail@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] javaws always use icedtea
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 22:26:01
1 Hello,
2
3 I'm using oracle jdk as default jvm, but when I review java-config
4 result after setting oracle-jdk-bin as prefered jvm, javaws continues to
5 start icedtea version.
6
7 Analysing the script /usr/libexec/eselect-java/run-java-tool.bash I
8 realised that itweb-javaws is hardcoded:
9
10 > if [ "${tool}" = "javaws" ] && [ -x "/usr/bin/itweb-javaws" ]; then
11 >         exec "/usr/bin/itweb-javaws" "${@}"
12 > fi
13
14 Shouldn't this also change when java-config defines new predefined jvm?
15
16 Thanks for any clarification about this implementation in the mentioned
17 script.
18 The ebuild that installs the script is app-eselect/eselect-java and I
19 would like to change this script to also set javaws when predefining jvm.
20
21 I also published this message in the gentoo forum:
22
23 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-1073738.html
24
25 Best,