From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Cc: rotund@××××××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Current Issues in Gentoo (as I see it)
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2002 03:07:27
1 On Mon, 2002-03-04 at 08:55, Joe Tennies wrote:
2 > Please send responses CC to me (as I am not on this list -- am on the
3 > user one)
4 >
5 > I'd like to see the following added to the default devfsd.conf. It
6 > allows people w/ modems to be able to dialout on the modem =)
7 >
8 > # give the dialout group permission to /dev/ttyS*
9 > REGISTER tts/.* PERMISSIONS root.dialout 660
13 I do not see a problem with adding it, but the /etc/devfsd.conf is as
14 is to handle dev-state and serve as an example. Permissions, etc will
15 saved on reboot on device nodes, so you should be able to change them
16 to that, and reboot and still have the same permissions. If it really
17 is such a great issue, i guess we can add it.
18
19 > I'd also like to point out complaints about baselayout-1.7.2. Many
20 > people on the IRC channel have found that their keyboard does not work
21 > when X starts if xdm is included in their default runtime.
24 This has been a problem for a while. Read the ChangeLog, nothing
25 related to devfsd.conf, or anything else has changed, except adding
26 non devfs support to consolefont.
27
28 The bulk of the changes is related to the functioning of the rc-scripts,
29 the innerworks.
30
31 > I also had a weird problem that if I logged in as a normal user and
32 > su'ed to root. I could not seem to get any GTK+ programs to show in X.
33 > (Specifically gedit and xemacs -- gtk+ version.)
36 Did you 'export DISPLAY=:0' and set auth for root:
37
38 xhost local:root
39
40 or
41
42 xauth
43
44 ?
45
46 > Switched back to 1.7.1-r2 and everything's fixed again
49 > gentoo-dev mailing list
50 > gentoo-dev@g.o