From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 13:58:53
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 07:18:40 -0600 Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
3 > wrote:
4 > | What is your problem with the installer project? Over the past year
5 > | or so, there have been *2* people that complained about us treating
6 > | them badly.
7 >
8 > Hrm, have the arch teams really left you in peace for an entire year
9 > now?
10
11 I haven't heard a thing from the arch teams, unless, of course, you consider
12 yourself to be 2 entire arch teams. All I've heard from you is how the installer
13 sucks, python/parted doesn't fit in an initrd, nfs sucks so nfsroot for netboot
14 is out of the questions, etc. The only semi-constructive thing you've even given
15 me is "rewrite the whole thing in ash".
18 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
19 Gentoo Linux Developer Installer Project
20 --
21 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list