From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo logo trademark renewal: photographs/usage documentation sought
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 02:47:29
1 Hi all,
2
3 I'm working on filing the paperwork for renewal of our Gentoo logo
4 trademark [1]. This was already filed for the "Gentoo" name trademark
5 [2] last year.
6
7 As part of that, I need to include some "specimens" that show the logo
8 in recent use. The full description of that is here [3], but the short
9 version:
10 > For example, for goods, acceptable specimens would consist of
11 > scanned or digitally photographed tags, labels, instruction manuals, or
12 > containers that show the mark on the goods or packaging.
13 > ...
14 > Invoices, announcements, order forms, bills of lading, leaflets, brochures,
15 > publicity releases and other printed advertising material generally are
16 > NOT acceptable specimens for goods.
17 > ...
18 > Examples of acceptable service mark specimens are signs, photographs,
19 > brochures or advertisements that show the mark used in the sale or
20 > advertising of the services.
21
22 So, I'm looking for photos (or videos) that show the Gentoo stand/banner
23 at recent conferences, esp. if the Gentoo logo is also visible on the
24 shirts of one or more people in the photo. Photos of other Gentoo-logo
25 swag, in the active environment would also be appreciated.
26
27 SCALE & FOSDEM attendees this year: did you get a photo of it?
28
29 If you have questions, please respond on the list.
30
31 Please email the images to me directly: robbat2@g.o
32 Please include a description of where & when the photo was taken.
33 Do NOT send the photographs to the mailing list!
34
35 [1] http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=78323020&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
36 (combined section 8 & 9 filing)
37 [2] http://tsdr.uspto.gov/documentviewer?caseId=sn78323023&docId=SPE20150709151428#docIndex=1&page=1
38 [3] http://www.uspto.gov/page/teas-help#SpecimenImageFile
41 Robin Hugh Johnson
42 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee
43 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
44 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85