From: Chad Huneycutt <chad.huneycutt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] strict prototype
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:01:17
1 When compiling lrzsz, I get an error on a line like
2 extern char *strstr();
3
4 The compiler error says that this is an invalid usage of a macro (0
5 arguments instead of 2).
6 "lrz.c:47: macro `strstr' used without args"
7
8 The above declaration is in a #ifndef STRICT_PROTOTYPES block. The
9 first thing I tried was adding -fno-strict-prototype to the gcc command,
10 but that did not do the trick. The solution I have provided in the
11 lrzsz ebuild is to comment out the #ifndef block, and that works fine,
12 but I was wondering if any of you developers have a more elegant solution.
13
14 Chad