From: Hendrik Visage <hvisage@×××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] CD-RW devfs
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 00:10:50
1 On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 07:04:32AM +0100, Viktor Lakics wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > This is probably a user list question, I fighted it but I am running out of
5 > ideas. I
6 > compiled IDE cdrom support as module, and ide-scsi as module in the kernel. I
7 >
8 > have hdb=ide-scsi with grub.
9 >
10 > My modules are not loaded automatically, devfs is not generating cdroms nor
11 > scsi
12 > device (scsi dir is there, but empty).
13 >
14 > 1. How can I get module autoloading? (module.autoload does NOT work : no
15 > matter what I put there. modules are not loaded). I do not have for some
16 > reason
17 > modeles.conf in etc as well)
18 >
19 > 2. Even if I do modprobe ide-scsi, ide-cd, cdrom, although the respective
20
21 The order should be modprobe ide-scsi, sr_mod
22 YOu HAVE compiled in SCSI CDROM support???
23
24 > modules
25 > are there, inserted, I cannot mount my cdrom. I could burn a CD, because the
26 > scsi
27 > generic driver is there (cdroms still not gnerated though), but when I try to
28 > mount
29 > a cd like:
30 >
31 > mount -t iso9660 /dev/sg0 /mnt/cdrom
32 >
33 > I get sg0 is not a block device. Now /dev/scd0 is not there in devfs, I tried
34 >
35 > symlink as well, no success at all...
36 >
37 > Fresh rc6-9 tbz2 install...
40 > Thanks for any ideas...
41 >