From: "Petteri Räty" <betelgeuse@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Who is willing to be lead?
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 14:12:00
1 On 04/10/2010 05:00 PM, Markos Chandras wrote:
2 > On Saturday 10 April 2010 16:53:48 Petteri Räty wrote:
3 >> As people seem to want the council to take action I offer to take
4 >> action. As it's impossible for me to do everything myself I offer to act
5 >> as a project manager/owner for people willing to donate their time to
6 >> whatever I see worthy for Gentoo as whole like the web page redesign.
7 >> Basically you tell me how many hours you have and I'll give you stuff to
8 >> work on. It might not be glorious at times like cleaning up a piece of
9 >> documentation but why not spend an hour a week on something that
10 >> benefits the project? If people are interested, I'll work out the details.
11 >>
12 >> Regards,
13 >> Petteri
14 > That's not a good reaction from your side. Independent projects can handle the
15 > incoming manpower themselves.
18 There's a lot of small tedious tasks that won't get done without
19 something like this. I see remarks about our documentation being
20 scattered. Please suggest a better way to solve that then.
21
22 > The whole point behind the web page redevelopment is that none is showing to
23 > users or developers a clear way to get involved with it. Who is resposible for
24 > the webpage? How can somebody get involved? etc. I can't event answer these
25 > questions myself being a developer for more than a year.
26
27 I thought I was offering to help people to get involved.
28
29 Regards,
30 Petteri