From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] OSCON booth?
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 18:47:41
1 Hi all,
2
3 I've been talking to some X.Org folks about sharing an OSCON [1] booth
4 with us. OSCON is in Portland, OR, July 24-28, and the exhibit hall is
5 open Wednesday and Thursday (26-27). This would help alleviate any
6 short-staffing either group has, and likely attract more attention to
7 the booth by having more Xgl and other bling, as well as people who can
8 actually explain it.
9
10 Mike (vapier) mentioned that at LWE, the O'Reilly guys offered us a
11 booth. I presume this means free.
12
13 Anyone who has interest in staffing a booth at OSCON or in attending it,
14 please contact me. I will try to organize this. Exhibit hall attendance
15 is free, but the sessions get pretty expensive. I'm not sure whether we
16 would receive any session passes for being exhibitors.
17
18 Who actually goes to OSCON? The attendees are roughly 50% devs, 25%
19 sysadmins, and 25% suits/other. So it's a fun audience rather than being
20 dominated by management.
21
22 I would appreciate some help in understanding exactly what's required to
23 get a booth together as well, since I've never done this.
24
25 Thanks,
26 Donnie
27