From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Misquoted in the GWN
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:25:26
1 Patrick Lauer wrote: [Mon Nov 28 2005, 12:46:57PM CST]
2 > > Also, why not bring back the "post to -core" requirement? Make it a
3 > > rule that it can't be labelled as an official Gentoo publication unless
4 > > it gets some review...
5
6 Heh. Personally, I've never really been all that fond of the GWN being
7 "an official Gentoo publication"; I'd much rather see it as a true
8 community news source. I've always thought that by making it an
9 official publication it _appears_ to be more propaganda than news.
10
11 > That Ulrich and I have made some suboptimal decisions in the past is a
12 > fact, but why aren't there more contributors to the GWN so that we two
13 > aren't single points of failure?
14
15 I suspect that the devs most likely to write an article for the GWN are
16 also those most likely to have a blog on planet.g.o. Given the latter,
17 there's not much incentive for the former.
18
19 -g2boojum-
20 --
21 Grant Goodyear
22 Gentoo Developer
23 g2boojum@g.o
24 http://www.gentoo.org/~g2boojum
25 GPG Fingerprint: D706 9802 1663 DEF5 81B0 9573 A6DC 7152 E0F6 5B76