From: "Sérgio Almeida" <mephx.x@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-soc] Re: Progress on Universal Select Tool
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 18:35:38
1 On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 10:33 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 >
3 > I'd say leave it to the user to either use the CHANGEDIR event,
4 > or define some alias like 'ucd', or call 'uprofile' manually only.
5 > Eh - provide an uselect-module to select the variant...
8 Never though of that... Nice idea!
11 > Maybe this already is how it works?
14 It's how it "will" work =) atm only /bin works and per-user (not yet per
15 folder)
16
17 > Whenever I come to test uselect/uprofile, I'll do this in Gentoo Prefix
18 > on several platforms, not on my stable Gentoo Desktop...
21 Just did a commit this afternoon.
22
23 Feel free to try it out. I haven't implemented any modules besides my
24 test module "python" and it's most probably buggy because of
25 python-config dependency. sh install.sh should do the work.
26
27 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/uselect.git;a=summary
28
29 I'm starting profiles implementation today and will have more active
30 commits.
31
32 Cheers,
33 Sérgio