From: tomjbe@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [FRC] News item: Changing USE flags for >=app-backup/bacula
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 12:36:35
1 Quoting Thomas Beierlein (2017-08-14 21:58:42)
2 > Bacula ebuilds uses some weird USE flags with mostly negative
3 > logic ('do not build ..') coming from their build system.
4 >
5 > With the actual major release (bacula-9.0.3) we should try to switch to
6 > something more sane. I picked up the new flags from app-backup/bareos as
7 > both ebuilds have a common anchestry.
8 >
9 > Please comment on the proposed news item.
10 >
11 > Thanks,
12 > Thomas
13 >
14 First thanks to all who commented and gave wise advices.
15
16 As I see it the discussion boils down to the following new behaviour:
17
18 * There will be two USE flags 'director' and 'storage-daemon' which are on by
19 default and control the installation of the backup director component
20 and the storage daemon accordingly.
21 * If both flags are unset neither component gets installed. Only the set of
22 files for the file daemon (Client) gets installed - mimicking the
23 former 'clientonly' behaviour. The old 'bacula-clientonly' flag gets dropped
24 completely.
25
26 It will require quite some changes to the ebuild and due to its complexity
27 also some tests. As I have only three days left to holiday I will suspend the
28 switch to the new USE flag settings for now.
29
30 To let users no longer wait for the actual 9.0.3 version (which is out for
31 already 2 weeks now) I would like to bring it into the tree with the old USE
32 flag settings. The switch to the new one will then be made after returning
33 from my holiday vacation.
34
35 Comments?
36