From: Alec Warner <warnera6@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /var/ftp VS /home/ftp
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 15:36:13
1 Paul Waring wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:43:03 +0100, Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o> wrote:
6 >>Mike Frysinger wrote:
7 >>"""
8 >>/srv will be supported via a USE flag. This gives users the choice of
9 >>using a dedicated service home hierarchy or not.
10 >>"""
11 >>
12 >>In other words, I wouldn't know why anyone would be against this, unless
13 >>the implementation would be cumbersome. But if developers are happy to
14 >>work on this, why not.
18 >Provided that the USE flag is switched off by default (so I don't have
19 >to go messing around with make.conf because someone thought putting
20 >stuff in /src was a good idea) I'm not too fussed.
21 >
22 >Paul
26 Whether it's off or on by default should be of no consequence, unless of
27 course you aren't paying attention when you install anything? :) Thats
28 why there is emerge -pv, so you see what you are about to do. Could be
29 nice to see a gentoo-announce e-mail once it's in effect though.
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list