From: "Kevin F. Quinn" <kevquinn@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: pre-emerge advisories
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 07:18:11
1 On 14/7/2005 7:24:03, Craig Lawson (craig.lawson@××××××××.edu) wrote:
2 > [...] To be more concrete, I'm thinking of something like a database [...]
3
4 I don't think a separate database is a good idea; too many sources for information.
5
6 > [...] For example [...]
7 > current: any
8 > target: =gnome-base/gnome-menus-2.10.0
9 > advisory: Menu editing disabled until follow-up release.
10 > Work-around is to install Python 4 + smeg. See
11 > forum topic http://forums.gentoo.org/blah...
12
13 How about adding:
14
15 ADVICE="Menu editing disabled until follow-up release.
16 Work-around is to install Python 4 + smeg. See
17 forum topic http://forums.gentoo.org/blah..."
18
19 to the gnome-menus-2.10.0 ebuild (sorry Chris, no parsing needed :} ). It'd be trivial to knock up a widget to extract and display this data, and I'd guess trivial to add an '--advice' option to emerge to do the same. Perhaps it'd be simpler just to include it alongside the changelog data with the '--changelog' option.
20
21 Of course such advice could be just written into the changelog in the first place...
22
23 Kev.
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list