From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: inittab was: Re: Switchup-mode and boottime selector? Was: eselect init
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 23:06:38
1 On 05/30/2013 10:52 PM, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 08:30:00AM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
3 >> Because it isn't just editing a file or rebuilding the kernel but also
4 >> have a short trip in single mode to switch back and forth inittab.
5 >
6 > inittab is only used by sysvinit and busybox init right?
7
8 By anything that claims to be init-compatible.
9
10 > If so, it is unfortunate that busybox init uses inittab and its inittab
11 > is not compatible with sysvinit.
12
13 Surely is.
14
15 > I'm tending to agree with mgorny that a better fix for this might be to
16 > have busybox use an alternate filename for its inittab, i.e.
17 > first look for /etc/bb-inittab and use it, then if it can't find that,
18 > use /etc/inittab as a fallback.
19
20 sending patches should be easy.
21
22 > What do you think?
23
24 I stated the worst cases, I guess is time to draft stuff and see how it
25 does behave.
26
27 lu