From: Yannick Koehler <yannick.koehler@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] /etc/init.d
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 15:31:02
1 Tod M. Neidt wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > On Mon, 2002-03-11 at 11:48, Yannick Koehler wrote:
5 >
6 >>Guys,
7 >>
8 >> not sure for anyone else but is init.d really need to be protected? I
9 >>mean does someone really change files in that directory (other than
10 >>adding or removing)?
13 > I suggest that you review 'emerge --help config'
14 >
15 > Summary:
16 >
17 > Protected directories are set with CONFIG_PROTECT= in /etc/make.conf
18 > (global setting is in /etc/make.globals).
19 >
20 > To override for a particular directory or subdirectory use
21 > CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK=
22 >
23 > For example,
24 >
25 > CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc"
26 >
27 > to protect everything under /etc from getting automagically updated.
28 >
29 > CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/init.d"
30 >
31 > if you want to allow stuff under /etc/init.d to be updated without
32 > review.
35 > Essentially all the functionality that you mention already exists.
36 > Also, as has already been mentioned, etc-update is your friend.
37 >
38 > Hope that helps,
39 >
40 > tod