From: Thomas Beaudry <tmbeaudry@×××.com>
To: alcapone@×××××××.com, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] just a ?
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 22:51:58
1 Hi Robin,
2
3 You don't need a high speed connection, it just makes life
4 easier. I've installed twice already with just a dialup
5 line and am getting ready to do so again.
6
7 Basically:
8
9 1. Boot into an existing Linus installation
10 2. Create your partition for Gentoo and mount it
11 3. Extract your stage-? tarball to your Gentoo partition
12 4. Start up your dialup connection
13 5. Chroot into your Gentoo partition
14 6. Follow the remainder of the installation instructions
15 like anyone else
16
17 If you want to purchase a CD, there's a number of places
18 listed on the website's main page.
21 >Hello, I am in a bit of a pickle, I really like what GENTOO
22 >says it can do, but I cannot afford broadband, how can I
23 >install GENTOO without cable or DSL, but instead with just
24 >a modem. Is there a CD I may be able to purchase.
28 Send and receive Hotmail on your mobile device: http://mobile.msn.com