From: Jon Portnoy <avenj@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANNOUNCE] Project Sunrise - Gentoo User Overlay
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:55:52
1 On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 09:32:13AM -0400, Thomas Cort wrote:
2 > On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 09:20:18 -0400
3 > Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o> wrote:
4 > > Please keep the games bugs in bugzilla. Making this change is a direct
5 > > change in games team policy without any prior notice to the games team
6 > > and without our permission.
7 >
8 > No one needs permission to put ebuilds from bugs.gentoo.org into an
9 > overylay. The ebuilds, assuming they have the proper header, are all
10 > "Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2".
11 >
12 > ~tcort
13
14 I do not object to the concept of ebuilds in overlays.
15
16 I do very much object to using any gentoo.org infrastructure or
17 subdomains to do so. If someone is going to tackle that, it should be
18 done outside of Gentoo proper. We don't need to be stuck maintaining and
19 supporting a semiofficial overlay.
23 Jon Portnoy
24 avenj/irc.freenode.net
25 --