From: Aisha Tammy <gentoo.dev@×××××.cc>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Revival of Gentoo BugDay: everyone is welcome to come debug
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2020 12:41:31
1 # Gentoo BugDay
6 Come join us over at #gentoo-bugday on freenode IRC on the first Saturday of every month
9 to squash bugs and make Gentoo a bit more awesome.
14 You don't need to be a Gentoo developer or even a coder to help us on BugDay.
17 Our next BugDay is on 4th July 2020 and we have started making preparations for
18 selecting and prioritizing bug categories for that day.
22 ## Bug categories
27 The bug categories should be broad enough that there will be a lot of bugs being
28
29 targeted.
34 We keep a option poll open to everybody to help us narrow down the categories of bugs to focus.
37 The opinion poll is there to get an input from everyone about how to best tackle the
40 current bug situation and get an understanding of the community and developer priorities.
45 The poll is open at https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/Bugday_2020-07-04/
48 Be sure to vote in the poll to get your opinion heard.
52 ## For developers
57 Even if you have never coded for Gentoo you can help us with your experience.
58
59 It's always valuable to have your experience to guide us.
64 Things to help with
67 - Find a related bug that piques your interest.
70 - Look at upstream if this has been reported to them.
73 - If not, make a bug report to the upstream developers.
76 - If they have already seen it, check if they have managed to patch it.
79 - If not, try to gather as much information as you can about the bug so that
82 it may help the developer tackling it.
85 - Alert us at #gentoo-bugday and interact with us to see if this can be squashed.
90 ## For users
95 Users are one of the most important part of Gentoo and this is the occasion for
98 them to talk the developers and make your bugs looked at.
103 Take a look at the categories for BugDay at the poll link and the final BugDay
106 wiki page
109 - Find a related bug that you have experienced and has not been fixed yet
112 - Try to see how it can be reproduced.Gnome not doing proper logins on you laptop?
115 - The related bug reports have been ignored for months you say?
120 Come poke us about these bugs at #gentoo-bugday on the freenode IRC and we will
121 begin squashing any of
122
123 those that are pending.
128 ## Whats in it for me?
133 Bragging rights, permanently being listed on the charts of BugDay, sense of entitlement.
137 Any person who helps us solve valid problems will be given the honor of being listed on
138
139 the page.
140
141 Even users who help related bugs and find links which make our problem solving easier
142
143 will be put on a pedestal.
147 ## Contributors
152 Thanks a lot to jstein@ for being the gracious organizer and making sure everything
155 goes smoothly.
160 And special thanks to contributors who have worked on our previous BugDays.
161
162 Past contributors:
165 - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Bugday_2020-06-06