From: Jurek Bartuszek <jurek@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:10:48
1 Stephen Bennett wrote:
2 > On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 23:42:43 +0200
3 > Jurek Bartuszek <jurek@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> And there you have another flaw of this system - how am I supposed to
6 >> predict if I'll ever need the "extended" _rc versioning in case of
7 >> that one particular package? I think that massive ebuild renaming is
8 >> definietly not an option.
9 >
10 > Try reading what he wrote. You can trivially switch to the longer _rc
11 > system; you'll just have to keep using it until the next release if you
12 > do.
13
14 Hmm, is swiching from _rc2 to _rc000200000000 trouble-free from user's
15 POV too? Wouldn't he be forced to "update" from former to latter then?
16 It's the same version. Or am I missing something?
17
18 Best regards,
19 Jurek
20 --