From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] clanlib-0.6 and friends masked for removal
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:38:26
1 On Tuesday 20 March 2007, Petteri Räty wrote:
2 > Michael Sterrett -Mr. Bones.- kirjoitti:
3 > > # Michael Sterrett <mr_bones_@g.o> (19 Mar 2007)
4 > > # masked for removal in April.
5 > > # Old and nasty. Not supported by upstream.
6 > > # use the newer versions of clanlib instead.
7 > > =dev-games/clanlib-0.6*
8 > > media-libs/hermes
9 > > games-sports/trophy
10 > > games-action/clanbomber
11 > > games-puzzle/pingus
12 >
13 > pingus works fine here and I don't see any bugs open for =clanlib-0.6*.
14 > Are you sure it's necessary to remove it?
15
16 we're tired of maintaining it, it's been dead upstream for years, and bugs
17 will remain bugs
18
19 the middle ground we're taking it is to leave these things in portage but
20 masked with the clear message "if it breaks, you fix it; dont bother the
21 games team without a fix"
22 -mike