From: "Jesús Guerrero" <i92guboj@×××××.es>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Gentoo Support Everywhere
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 08:04:28
1 On Wed, May 20, 2009 02:18, Mart Raudsepp wrote:
2 > On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 01:10 +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
3 >
4 >> On Wed, May 20, 2009 00:37, Dale wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> That would be the point. Gentoo has its own forum so why have two
7 >>> forums? What would be the point in having two places to go look for
8 >>> answers? Better yet, why would Gentoo support both forums?
9 >>
10 >> You mean like all the rest of big distros? :p All the the distros
11 >> there have some kind of support in LQ, otherwise they wouldn't be allowed
12 >> to have a subforum. All of them have also their own forums.
13 >
14 > Curious, do they also actively point people in their LQ subforums to
15 > their official forums when they get the chance?
16
17 To the official distro forums? If the answer required that
18 then yes. Just like you point at any other random tutorial
19 or mailing list based solution on the internet. Some people
20 have their distro resources linked on their signature as well.
21
22 I've had a link to the handbook there since I registered.
23 I've also pointed people to forums.gentoo.org when needed.
24 No problem with that.
27 Jesús Guerrero